In honor of Kelsey & Michelle’s one year wedding anniversary, I wanted to show off their engagement photos once again. 😉
I met up with Kelsey and Michelle in San Diego for their engagement photos. We started the session with big HUGS; because we are super awesome like that; and pictures in front of their home to capture the comfy vibes between these girls.
They even had a large hammock hanging in front of their home. YES, of course, I took photos of them laying in it because hammocks are my jam and are SO necessary for the start of engagement photos.
Keeping it simple we walked around their neighborhood, where there were multiple options for painted backgrounds. It was so cool! These girls ROCKED every scene together.
How to rock your San Diego engagement just by being yourself:
- HUGS. Start your session with lots of hugs. Yes, even the photographer needs to hug their clients!
- COMFORT. Wear your favorite color or your wedding colors because that is what you like. It’s important to wear what you want and what you are comfortable in; that way, you are bound to get comfy, natural, and happy portraits.
- EXPLORE. We all have our personalities, and those always photograph well. Also, be open to new ideas and explore!
- PERSONALITY. If you are a couple with a giant character, be willing to take photos in front of colorful graffiti walls because it gives your photos more life!
- JOKES. If you or your photographer has jokes, keep them going! Laughter brings out natural smiles and relaxed bodies.
- TIME. Make time for your engagement session. No one wants to rush during photos! Heck, even take a break before sunset and grab a bite to eat with your photographer. You chose them because you enjoy being around them. 😉
- RELAX. Engagement is a time for you and your significant other to take photos of how much you are in love. Don’t worry about how they will come out or how you look. Trust your photographer that you hired. These memories are for you and your BAAABE. Relaxing before, during, and after your session is so important! You will be much happier once you see your photos knowing that you were relaxed and you trusted your photographer to capture your personalities and true love.
I hope you enjoyed these helpful tips for an enjoyable engagement!